Following the election of Manchester’s first mayor in May 2017, we produced a manifesto outlining key policy changes that would help support the Armed Forces community.
Our policy recommendations for the new mayor include:
- Provide leadership on the delivery of the Armed Forces Covenant by appointing an Advocate for the Armed Forces community
- Improve public services’ knowledge and awareness of the size and needs of the Armed Forces community
- Ensure that Reservists and Armed Forces families are provided with the support to which they are entitled
- Ensure that members of the Armed Forces community have access to clear and consistent housing advice and the support to which they are entitled
- Ensure that the Armed Forces community across Greater Manchester can access specialist mental health treatment and support